Monday, March 27, 2017

Devastating Blanchard Schools Family News

   Last Thursday evening, I received the news that no superintendent wants to hear. I received a call at about 7 PM from Greg Jackson, our high school principal, telling me that one of our own (Blanchard High School student) was missing and presumed drowned at Chickasha Lake. It seems that after school, Nathan Williams, a Blanchard High School football player and wrestler, had gone to Chickasha Lake along with some friends to swim and just have fun. At about 5:30 PM, Nathan had attempted to swim to a stalled jet-ski in the middle of the lake, when he went under and did not re-surface. Mr. Jackson immediately went to the lake to see if he could somehow help in the search. Search and rescue divers proceeded to look for Nathan at that time and continued until well after dark, when they discontinued the search until the next morning, along with Greg Jackson. They discovered Nathan at around 11 AM on Friday morning.
   It's always very difficult when a young man or woman loses their life in an accident, as it's always sudden and unexpected. It is particularly devastating for the family of a young person, such as the parents and grandparents of Nathan Williams. The grandmother of Nathan Williams, Debbie Williams, is an employee of Blanchard Schools, and is profoundly affected by her grandsons loss. Debbie as well as Nathan is a member of the Blanchard Public Schools' family. The only solace is knowing that God does have a reason for taking Nathan to Heaven, and he will continue to stand by his family and friends. I know the helpless and devastating feelings that accompany such a loss, as I lost my 12 year old nephew, Austin Beckham, in a 1994 accident. He was part of my world, just like Nathan Williams was part of Debbie William's world. Nathan will continue to live in Heaven, and is looking down on us all as we speak.

2 comments:

  1. I am here for you, Williams family, if you ever need the shoulder of one who has stood where you're standing. It is a sorrow most cannot comprehend. When the family and friends go home and you are left with what feels like a crater in your heart and home, it is then that you will need comfort. I'm here for you. I am praying the Great Comfortor draw near your hearts - when it feels like it all is crashing in on top of you, just breathe Jesus name. You can find me at city hall and I give you my word, I will be there for you if you reach out. Much love, Susie Maeder

    ReplyDelete